News, SEO Tools
Search engine optimization awesomeness using Rank Math.
Rank math has replaced yoast for my client builds over the past two years now and I’m very happy with the results thus far. Rank Math is quick, user friendly and not an absolute whale of code to push around by the servers.
The clients now running Rank Math have experience with Yoast and they are happier with their experience so far as alot of people tell me Yoast is “too much” or needs a degree to use. Clients I have Rank Math deployed on work with SEO experts to populate, track and tag their pages I do not do that myself but I am responsible for setting up the best most capable tool.
Why Rank Math?
- Set SEO titles/meta descriptions – create templates that automatically apply to content and manually adjust SEO titles/descriptions for individual pieces of content.
- Set social media descriptions – control text and images for Facebook and Twitter.
- Focus keyword analysis (supports multiple keywords) – enter one or more focus keywords and see how optimized your content is for those keywords.
- XML Sitemap – create a more customizable XML sitemap than the default WordPress sitemap feature allows.
- Structured data/schema – set up sitewide schema markup and also control the schema markup for individual pieces of content.
- Search Console – connect your site to Google Search Console to automatically submit sitemaps and view Search Console analytics inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Local SEO and Knowledge Graph – optimize your site for local SEO (only one location for free)
- Image SEO – improve image SEO and automatically set alt and title tags.
- Internal Link suggestions – Rank Math will suggest other content on your site to link to while you’re working in the editor.
- Breadcrumbs – add breadcrumbs to your site.
- Link Counter – count the number of internal and external links in your content.
- Redirections – create and manage 301 and 302 redirects.
- 404 Monitor – monitor your site for 404 errors. You could then redirect common 404 errors to other pages on your site.
- Google Analytics – add the tracking code and view information.
- Basic WooCommerce SEO – set product/shop titles/descriptions.
- Keyword rank tracking – track your site’s search engine rankings and keyword performance over the past 12 months (pretty unique)
- Google Trends integration
- Google Video SEO sitemap
- Google News SEO sitemap
- Multiple locations for local SEO
- More pre-defined schema types (20+)
- Google AdSense earning history
- Automatically watermark social media images
Unfortunately I don’t have before and after speed test or load data to affirmatively say that Rank Math is faster but it’s highly recommended by me at the moment. If you’re considering moving to rank math please feel free to submit that request via your client portal!